The American Hockey League released the 2018/2019 schedule on Wednesday afternoon and the Rochester Americans will start the season at home with back to back games on October 5 and 6 vs Charlotte. The last home game of the season will be Friday April 12 vs Binghamton.
Here’s the breakdown of home games:
- 20 Friday night home games.
- 4 Saturday nights.
- 10 Wednesday nights.
- 3 Sunday afternoon games.
- The home game in Buffalo will be Wednesday November 7 vs Cleveland.
Here’s some more highlights / how the schedule breaks down:
- There’s five three in three sets of games.
- No home stands longer than three games.
- No road trips longer than three games.
- All six road games vs Syracuse are on Saturday nights.
- March is the busiest month with 14 games (7 home / 7 away).
- Rochester and Hershey have played 456 times in the regular season since 1956. They’ll only play twice this season in a home and home on November 2 and 3rd.
- First of 6 games vs Calder Cup Champion Toronto Marlies is Friday October 19 at home.
- October 12 is the only Friday night off all season for Rochester.
- November 10 is the only Saturday night off all season for Rochester.
Here’s the breakdown on the number of times the Amerks will play each team:
vs. North Division (54 games): Belleville (4), Binghamton (10), Cleveland (8), Laval (4), Syracuse (12), Toronto (6), Utica (10).
vs. Atlantic Division (22 games): Bridgeport (4), Charlotte (4), Hartford (4), Hershey (2), Lehigh Valley (2), Providence (2), Springfield (2), Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (2).
There are no games between the Amerks and Western Conference teams.
Amerks schedule links:
American Hockey League links:
The 2019 Calder Cup playoffs will start the week of April 15th.